Science: Fingerprint Life Cycle
Materials: Fingerprint Life Cycle skill sheet, finger paints, markers
- This is a hands-on way to reinforce the life cycle of a butterfly!
- Display page 4 of the issue. Discuss the steps of a caterpillar’s metamorphosis. Then tell children they will show these steps using their fingerprints!
- Give each child a copy of the Fingerprint Life Cycle skill sheet. Help them follow the instructions to put fingerprints on the gray spots.
- For the egg, make a yellow pinkie print.
- For the caterpillar, make several colorful index fingerprints.
- For the chrysalis, make a green thumbprint.
- For the butterfly, make two colorful thumbprints and two colorful index fingerprints.
- When children have finished, reinforce their learning by asking them to tell you the different steps in a caterpillar’s life cycle. fine motor skills